3rd round press conference
Thursday, 29 April 2010
third game day on the Fide Women Grand Prix in Nalchik was victorious
only for the Russia player - Tatiana Kosintseva, who needed five hours
to overcome Elina Danielian. But she wasn’t alone on the
press-conference. Though the Chinesse player Zhu Chen finished this time
the game in a draw, the journalist’s interest to her personality didn’t
- Have you come to Nalchik for the victory?
- I’m not sure that I’ll win. It depends on luck; all the players here
are really strong. Any participant of this tournament can manage to win.
I’ll try not to repeat the result I showed in Nanjing.
- In what else are you interested in except chess?
-The most important thing for me is to spend time with my kids, parents
and husband. I used to devote most of my time to chess, that’s why I
wanted now to do my duties.
- Is Chess your profession?
- Yes it is. Due to the small population they are not so popular. I’m
the only professional chess player there. I can’t do something as good
as I play chess. Unless to teach children to play chess.
- How do you feel yourself in Qatar? Do you have any fans?
- I feel great. I hope that I have many of them around the world. We
have a lot of amateur players, and I think they believe in me
- Do you use Internet for communication?
- I have my own page on the Facebook I have a lot of interesting friends
there. I like Facebook, as far as you can find people you haven’t seen
for a long time.
- Do you have such a hobby that could change your life in a way you
choose something different from chess?
- I think that nothing can change my attitude to chess.
Kosintseva was finished
the last one for this day. And first of all we her about the game.
- The game was very complicated. It was unclear after the opening. Then
Elina made her king week and I got a strong attack. In the leg of time
we both made the mistakes. I think when I sacrificed the knight it was
wining for me. In the endgame it was close to the equality but after a
couple of my opponent mistakes I could realize an extra pawn in the
- Do you feel most comfortable in a leader position or prefer to sit
out on start, and then to do your best on finish?
- I did not think about it, I just try to play each round with all
efforts; I try to use all chances in each round. Then the choice of the
tactics and game strategy depends on the results of the previous game.
- You play the next round with black against Munguntuul. Did you play
with her before?
- It is quite strange but we never played with earlier. I was not
interested what Bat plays till now, but I am ready to “fight”.
- Two years ago, the World Championship passed on a knockout system
and at that time your father and sister were with you. Now the system is
round and you are without your relatives….
- First, these tournaments are absolutely different. Ofcorse, when your
relatives are with you, so you have great psychological support. Despite
their absence I feel their support, I always ask Nadya for an advice.
- What result will satisfy you on this tournament?
- I do not make an accent on a result. The quality of the game interests
me. It is more important for me to play beautifully and productively.
- Which of three duels was the most difficult so far in this
- The last one, with Elina. There were zeitnot and mistakes. It lasted
for five hours.